- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Womanspace’s 38th annual Glitzy Garage Sale May 30-June 1
Online Staff Report
Womanspace will hold its 38th annual Glitzy Garage Sale Friday and Saturday, May 30 and 31, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, June 1, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
The sale will feature 17 departments including furniture, housewares, clothing, books, sporting goods, electronics, luggage, kids’ toys and books, crafts and an air-conditioned boutique featuring designer clothing, jewelry and accessories. A beautiful selection of Lladró figurines will also be available.
Glitzy Garage Sale is held rain or shine with all proceeds benefiting Womanspace and its programs. Donations for the sale are being accepted now through May 27.
Womanspace is a not-for-profit organization offering programs for women, men and children to enhance body, mind and spirit, with a focus on the creative arts, holistic health, interfaith exploration and environmental stewardship. Situated on 7 wooded acres in Rockford, the Womanspace campus boasts multi-media art studios, galleries, a gift shop, beautiful gardens and a much-celebrated labyrinth. More information can be found at www.womanspace-rockford.org.
Posted May 28, 2014