- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘XLTE’ delivers added capacity to Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network in Illinois
Online Staff Report
CHICAGO — Verizon Wireless has expanded its newest technology — known as XLTE — to more Illinois locations to boost 4G LTE network capacity and enhance high-speed services for customers. More than half of Verizon’s 500-plus 4G LTE markets have been enhanced with XLTE, with more scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.
XLTE utilizes Verizon’s AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) spectrum, which allows Verizon to deliver significantly increased capacity — at a minimum, doubling the capacity — over its high-speed 4G LTE network. This means more customers in high-traffic locations can access the company’s most advanced technology at the same time to send photos, download videos, surf the Internet and use other popular applications on their smartphones, tablets and other devices during times of peak usage.
“Illinois customers are especially mobile and enthusiastic users of 4G LTE — sharing photos and video, downloading large files, and staying connected to enjoy a great wireless experience,” said Brian Pascoe, Verizon Wireless region president. “We have a clear competitive advantage with XLTE and expect to stay well ahead of demand to deliver these 4G LTE services better, faster and to even more customers.”
XLTE technology is particularly effective in enhancing wireless network performance in settings with a concentrated group of high-data demand customers, such as densely-populated areas, rush hours, concert venues, sports arenas/stadiums and other large event locations.
First launched in December 2010, the Verizon 4G LTE network build is virtually complete, covering more than 500 markets nationwide and nearly 97 percent of the U.S. population. Verizon’s XLTE deployment is a major part of the company’s ongoing commitment to enhance network reliability and superiority. The company has invested more than $3.4 billion since 2000 to build and enhance its wireless network in the Illinois/Wisconsin region, and consistently earns top rankings from independent consumer reporting and testing institutions for network quality and performance.
For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte.
Posted May 29, 2014