- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
National Wound Care Awareness Week June 2-6
Online Staff Report
The Wound Healing Center at OSF Saint Antony Medical Center in Rockford, a member of the Healogics network, is participating in the first Healogics National Wound Care Awareness Week June 2-6.
One of nearly 600 Healogics-managed centers, OSF Saint Anthony Would Healing Center offers advanced therapies to patients suffering from chronic wounds. Program directors across the nation will dedicate the entire week to visiting local physician offices to provide education to help staff identify patients who may benefit from advanced wound care.
Chronic wounds affect millions of people in the United States, and the incidence is rising, fueled by an aging population and increasing rates of diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, and the late effects of radiation therapy. Untreated, chronic wounds can lead to diminished quality of life and possibly amputation of the affected limb.
“There are many patients living with non-healing wounds who are unaware of treatments available in their local communities,” said D. Scott Covington, M.D., FACS, Chief Medical Director for Healogics, Inc. “Adjunctive therapies for appropriate patients can help heal wounds faster than traditional methods. We want to make advanced wound care available to all patients who would benefit, but we must educate the communities we serve about the services we offer.”
People with wounds that have not improved with traditional methods of treatment in four weeks may benefit from a visit to OSF Saint Anthony Wound Healing Center. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 484-7330.
Posted June 2, 2014