- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo welcomes litter of gray wolf pups
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Summerfield Zoo in Belvidere, Ill., has announced some very special new arrivals. The pair of gray wolves that reside at the zoo gave birth to a beautiful litter of pups, and the public is invited to see these very special new additions.
For the next two weekends only (June 7-8 and 14-15) pictures will be available with the wolf pups.
Summerfield Zoo is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturdays, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sundays. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior, and $5 per child, and all proceeds go to the care of all the animals, many of which are rescues.
Yvette McGreane, volunteer at Summerfield Zoo, said: “We are thrilled to announce the birth of a litter of gray wolf pups! While babies are always exciting, these wolf pups are an incredible opportunity to help educate the public about the species. Be sure that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to see them and get your picture taken with them.”
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, the petting zoo, bottles for baby goats, Carmen’s Snack Shop, and Prancer’s Gift Shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family. At a small zoo, visitors can get up close and meet many of the animals.
For more about Summerfield Zoo and the exotic animals, visit www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852. Summerfield Zoo is at 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill.
From the June 4-10, 2014, issue