- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Nominations sought by June 10 for Hispanic Father of the Year
Online Staff Report
The Hispanic Gallery of Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St., is accepting nominations for the gallery’s Father of the Year award.
EHM consists of six galleries devoted to the primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford. One of those groups were Hispanics.
The museum is looking for someone who has been a great role model and is inspirational to those around him.
Those interested in nominating someone for the award should submit their nominations (no longer than one page detailing why a father should be chosen) by June 10 to email@example.com or mail it to the museum at P.O. Box 382, Rockford, IL 61105. A winner will be notified by June 15.
The museum will host a celebration in honor of the Hispanic Father of the Year June 22.
Learn more about the EHM by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402 or online at ethnicheritagemuseum.org.
Posted June 4, 2014