- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Nominations sought by June 10 for Hispanic Father of the Year
Online Staff Report
The Hispanic Gallery of Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St., is accepting nominations for the gallery’s Father of the Year award.
EHM consists of six galleries devoted to the primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford. One of those groups were Hispanics.
The museum is looking for someone who has been a great role model and is inspirational to those around him.
Those interested in nominating someone for the award should submit their nominations (no longer than one page detailing why a father should be chosen) by June 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the museum at P.O. Box 382, Rockford, IL 61105. A winner will be notified by June 15.
The museum will host a celebration in honor of the Hispanic Father of the Year June 22.
Learn more about the EHM by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402 or online at ethnicheritagemuseum.org.
Posted June 4, 2014