- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Nominations sought by June 10 for Hispanic Father of the Year
Online Staff Report
The Hispanic Gallery of Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St., is accepting nominations for the gallery’s Father of the Year award.
EHM consists of six galleries devoted to the primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford. One of those groups were Hispanics.
The museum is looking for someone who has been a great role model and is inspirational to those around him.
Those interested in nominating someone for the award should submit their nominations (no longer than one page detailing why a father should be chosen) by June 10 to email@example.com or mail it to the museum at P.O. Box 382, Rockford, IL 61105. A winner will be notified by June 15.
The museum will host a celebration in honor of the Hispanic Father of the Year June 22.
Learn more about the EHM by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402 or online at ethnicheritagemuseum.org.
Posted June 4, 2014