- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Nominations sought by June 10 for Hispanic Father of the Year
Online Staff Report
The Hispanic Gallery of Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St., is accepting nominations for the gallery’s Father of the Year award.
EHM consists of six galleries devoted to the primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford. One of those groups were Hispanics.
The museum is looking for someone who has been a great role model and is inspirational to those around him.
Those interested in nominating someone for the award should submit their nominations (no longer than one page detailing why a father should be chosen) by June 10 to email@example.com or mail it to the museum at P.O. Box 382, Rockford, IL 61105. A winner will be notified by June 15.
The museum will host a celebration in honor of the Hispanic Father of the Year June 22.
Learn more about the EHM by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402 or online at ethnicheritagemuseum.org.
Posted June 4, 2014