- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
All 12 tobacco retailers in Roscoe pass tobacco compliance check
Online Staff Report
ROSCOE, Ill. — All tobacco retailers in Roscoe, Ill., were inspected for the third of three rounds of compliance checks May 30.
A total of 12 tobacco retailers were inspected, and none was found to be in violation of the law by selling tobacco to a minor.
The compliance checks are performed to determine if local tobacco retailers are complying with state minimum-age tobacco laws that prohibit the sale of tobacco to people younger than 18.
With the help from a grant awarded by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission’s “Kids Can’t Buy ’Em Here” Tobacco Enforcement Program, the Roscoe Police Department educates local tobacco retailers about minimum-age tobacco laws and the importance of verifying the age of customers before selling age-restrictive products, such as tobacco.
Visit www.state.il.us/lcc for more details.
Posted June 5, 2014