- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Free paper-shredding event June 7 at Loves Park City Hall
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — State Reps. John Cabello, R-Machesney Park, and Joe Sosnowski, R-Belvidere, and Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg are hosting a free paper-shredding event for all area residents.
“This is a great opportunity for residents to dispose of their unwanted paper documents without the hassle,” said Rep. Cabello. “Residents planning to attend can bring up to two paper boxes to shred. They can even watch the shredding take place from a designated area.”
The event will be from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, June 7, at Loves Park City Hall, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, Ill. Residents planning on attending the event should mind the following shred truck instructions:
• Enter via East Riverside Boulevard and Heart Boulevard;
• Follow marked pathway through the parking lot;
• Seniors should remain in their cars while it is being unloaded by staff; and
• Parking is available for those who want to watch documents being shredded.
Sosnowski added: “All area businesses, organizations and individuals are invited to bring documents with confidential information to shred in order to better protect against becoming victims of crimes like identity theft and fraud. This event provides a great opportunity to properly dispose of sensitive documents containing Social Security numbers, signatures, medical history details and credit card information.”
All paper documents will be accepted for destruction (limit two paper boxes per person).
Posted June 5, 2014