Music by Fred & Ginger, kids’ activities from Nicholas Conservatory at City Market Friday, June 5
Online Staff Report
Bring in the weekend at Rockford City Market! Spend your Friday night enjoying delicious food, talented vendors, live music and great company. Rockford City Market is about celebrating the Rockford community.
What to expect at City Market this Friday (June 5)
• Music: Fred & Ginger — Fred & Ginger are an acoustic duo that plays an eclectic mix from the 1960s to today, and everything in between. Fred & Ginger will be performing from 4:30 until 7:30 p.m.
• Kids’ activities: Nicholas Conservatory
• Featured artists:
– Rockford Etsy Booth — Christina Crain will showcase handmade jewelry.
– Rockford Area Arts Council — ArtsPlace provides Rockford youth with job training in the arts.
– Rotating Artist — Drea’s Designs features handcrafted jewelry.
Meet Rockford Health System providers
Visit the Rockford Health System booth at Market and Water streets and talk with staff and providers from the Rockford Memorial Hospital Emergency Department and Level 1 Trauma Center. Spin the wheel and test your knowledge of heart attack, stroke and first aid. Learn about kids’ safety with information about burn treatment; medication safety; water and boating safety; and first aid. Check out the hands-on AED and spinal immobilization demonstrations and learn about the dangers of drinking and driving with our DUI glasses and the hazards of driving and texting.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, the River District Association and the City of Rockford.
Posted June 5, 2014