- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Illinoisans say a smile is most important physical feature
Online Staff Report
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — A new survey from Delta Dental of Illinois finds more reasons to celebrate the smile during National Smile Month this June. According to the survey of Illinois residents, a smile is the most important physical feature that contributes to a person’s attractiveness. And seven of 10 Illinoisans (70 percent) say a smile has some bearing on a person’s overall success.
Nearly one-half of Illinoisans (49 percent) cited the smile as the most important physical feature, followed by eyes (23 percent) and physique (20 percent). Men and women agreed on the order, though women said they put more emphasis on a person’s eyes.
According to Bernie Glossy, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Illinois, the company sponsored the Oral Health and Well-Being Survey to shine a spotlight on the importance of oral health and its relation to overall well-being.
“Delta Dental of Illinois is dedicated to improving oral health, so we asked Illinois residents about a wide variety of topics, both serious and light, related to their oral health,” Glossy says. “One finding is that people who go to the dentist at least once a year are actually more likely to feel better about their lives.”
Illinoisans like their smiles
Seven of 10 Illinoisans (70 percent) say they like their smile, and more than a third (34 percent) wouldn’t change a thing about it. Those who would change their smile most frequently cited cosmetic improvements such as whitening or straightening of teeth.
Glossy says, “The fact that most people in Illinois like their smiles is a good sign, and Delta Dental of Illinois is committed to providing access to great oral health care and education so Illinoisans can continue to feel good about their smiles.”
Posted June 6, 2014