- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Literary Hook: A poem for the summer season: ‘Wisdom’s Wild Fruition’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
Here is a poem celebrating the summer season, now on its way to fruition.
Wisdom’s Wild Fruition
Because the price of wisdom is so high,
like trumpet vines in wild fruition,
wisdom tangles and spirals to the sky
and cannot be controlled. Come, completion
of roots, bulbs, and seeds. Flowers and trees
become. Deep within the soil grow.
Essence of red roses in summer’s breeze.
Yet inward, wisdom to the rich river
goes, nourished by the inland sea’s fresh flow.
Then the receiver becomes the giver.
The price of wisdom is so high because
paradise is a garden returned to
healed, where only mercy and nature’s laws
inform the open heart. Red rose renew.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 10, 2014