- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Biggest Loser RunWalk at Davis Park June 14
Online Staff Report
Nearly 1,200 people have signed up for the June 14 Biggest Loser RunWalk at Davis Park, 308 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
Twenty-two states are represented in this year’s Biggest Loser RunWalk Rockford, and participants from age 4 to age 80 will meet at Davis Park at 7 a.m., Saturday, June 14, to get fit with Biggest Loser Season 5 contestants Jackie and Dan Evans. Season 15 finalists Bobby Saleem and Tanya Winfield will also participate in the event.
Last year, 2,500 people registered, bringing 6,000 visitors to downtown Rockford. $1 from each registration will be donated to The Rock River Valley Food Pantry.
Contact Marla Wilson at (815) 987-9897 or visit www.TheBiggestLoser.com/RunWalk for more details.
Posted June 11, 2014