- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Biggest Loser RunWalk at Davis Park June 14
Online Staff Report
Nearly 1,200 people have signed up for the June 14 Biggest Loser RunWalk at Davis Park, 308 S. Wyman St., Rockford.
Twenty-two states are represented in this year’s Biggest Loser RunWalk Rockford, and participants from age 4 to age 80 will meet at Davis Park at 7 a.m., Saturday, June 14, to get fit with Biggest Loser Season 5 contestants Jackie and Dan Evans. Season 15 finalists Bobby Saleem and Tanya Winfield will also participate in the event.
Last year, 2,500 people registered, bringing 6,000 visitors to downtown Rockford. $1 from each registration will be donated to The Rock River Valley Food Pantry.
Contact Marla Wilson at (815) 987-9897 or visit www.TheBiggestLoser.com/RunWalk for more details.
Posted June 11, 2014