- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Grammy winner Yolanda Adams at Rockford First Church June 13
Online Staff Report
The 11th Annual ’70s Landmark Gospel Concert will feature four-time Grammy Award-winner Yolanda Adams. The gospel singer has also won four Doves, 16 Stellars, seven NAACP awards and The AMA Award. The event will be Friday, June 13, at Rockford First Church, 5950 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
The gospel concert, organized by Lori Flemming Productions, who is also the owner of Happy Times Radio Show, offers fun for the whole family. Attendees are encouraged to wear their wildest ’70s outfits. Tables with vendors will be available in the lobby, and the Rockford Park District will have a table for people to stop by and see what’s going on this summer.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door. Tickets are available at Eventbrite.com; Mae’s Hair Care Specialist, 539 Clifton Ave.; and St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church, 2919 19th St.; or call the event’s organizer, Lori Flemming, at (779) 200-2569.
Portions of the proceeds from the event will go to local food pantries, homeless shelters and ministries. The event is sponsored by St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church and His Kingdom Productions.
Posted June 11, 2014