- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Police announce weekend roadside checkpoints
Online Staff Report
During the upcoming weekend, June 13-15, the Rockford Police Department will be teaming up with the Illinois State Police to conduct a roadside safety checkpoint within the city limits of Rockford. The primary focus of this detail is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways and to enforce seatbelt usage.
This law enforcement effort is funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.