- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Police announce weekend roadside checkpoints
Online Staff Report
During the upcoming weekend, June 13-15, the Rockford Police Department will be teaming up with the Illinois State Police to conduct a roadside safety checkpoint within the city limits of Rockford. The primary focus of this detail is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways and to enforce seatbelt usage.
This law enforcement effort is funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.