- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Police announce weekend roadside checkpoints
Online Staff Report
During the upcoming weekend, June 13-15, the Rockford Police Department will be teaming up with the Illinois State Police to conduct a roadside safety checkpoint within the city limits of Rockford. The primary focus of this detail is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways and to enforce seatbelt usage.
This law enforcement effort is funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.