- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Police announce weekend roadside checkpoints
Online Staff Report
During the upcoming weekend, June 13-15, the Rockford Police Department will be teaming up with the Illinois State Police to conduct a roadside safety checkpoint within the city limits of Rockford. The primary focus of this detail is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways and to enforce seatbelt usage.
This law enforcement effort is funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.