- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Police announce weekend roadside checkpoints
Online Staff Report
During the upcoming weekend, June 13-15, the Rockford Police Department will be teaming up with the Illinois State Police to conduct a roadside safety checkpoint within the city limits of Rockford. The primary focus of this detail is to remove impaired drivers from the roadways and to enforce seatbelt usage.
This law enforcement effort is funded by federal traffic safety funds through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.