- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Support sought for back-to-school drive
The Ladies of Love and Loyalty’s mission is to reconstruct the lives of others, enrich our community, encourage our youth, unify our city and empower our state. We are currently working on our Second Annual School Supply Drive. For this community service project, our goal is to be able to hand out 500 book bags filled with supplies and 50 school uniforms at our Back to School Giveaway Aug. 17 to give back to the children in the community. Last year, we were able to give away 300-plus book bags with supplies, and are hoping to increase that goal this year to 500.
As well, we have partnered with barbershops to volunteer some of their time this day so children can get their hair cut for free at this event to be ready for the first day of school. The event will also provide lunch, games and nail painting. To reach this goal, we need to raise at least $4,000. We will be having our final fund-raiser for this event Aug. 3 at CoCo Key Water Resort, where we will hold a silent auction/raffle to raise funds to purchase these supplies. The silent auction will run from July 27 to Aug. 3. We are looking to promote the School Supply Drive, Silent Auction and actual giveaway. Additionally, we are looking for any donations or volunteers the day of our giveaway. If you would be able to help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please contact Bridy Ferguson to pick up donations or if you have any questions at (919) 698-0189, e-mail email@example.com or mail them to:
Love & Loyalty MC
c/o Bridy Ferguson
7344 Meander Drive, Apt. 7
Rockford, IL 61107
Also, if you would like to come set up and promote your company, you may do so as well at the day of our actual giveaway.
From the June 11-17, 2014, issue