- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
June 13 Rockford City Market: Music by Jesse Fox, face painting, kids’ activities by Midway Village
Online Staff Report
Rockford City Market takes pride in showcasing local talents that include art, music, farming, and more. City Market celebrates the many things the Rockford area has to offer. The market goes from 3 to 8 p.m., this Friday, June 13.
What to expect at City Market this Friday:
• Music — Jesse Fox: Jesse Fox is an acoustic musician specializing in folk/Americana. He will be performing from 4 to 7:30 p.m. on the upper deck.
• Kids’ activities — Midway Village
• Auburn Key Club — Face Painting
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Carriage on Cherry, featuring hand-painted boxes; Rockford Area Arts Council: David Zoberis, featuring multi-media designs; and Rotating artist: Lily the Bird, featuring handmade jewelry
• Meet Rockford Health System providers — Visit the Rockford Health System booth at Market and Water streets and talk with staff and providers from Rockford Health System Women’s Center, located on Spring Brook and Perryville roads. Talk with breast surgeons Fred Church, M.D., and Elisha Robinson, M.D., about breast health, early cancer detection, and cancer prevention tips. Learn more about Rockford Health System’s partnership with A Silver Lining Foundation, which provides free mammograms to women who might not be able to afford them.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and the City of Rockford.
Posted June 12, 2014