- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford’s Anderson Gardens among top North American Japanese Gardens
Online Staff Report
Sukiya Living magazine (The Journal of Japanese Gardening) recently released its ranking of the highest-quality Japanese gardens in North America. A panel of 41 Japanese garden specialists considered more than 300 public Japanese gardens and ranked the gardens based on defined characteristics including subtleness, natural beauty, moderation and human scale.
Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, has been selected as the highest-quality Japanese garden in North America by this group of distinguished experts.
More information can be found at http://www.rothteien.com/topics/na-survey.htm.
Inspired by calm and tranquility, this 12-acre award-winning landscape is composed of koi-filled ponds, winding pathways, gentle streams, plunging waterfalls, raked gravel gardens, beautifully trained pines and more. Master craftsmanship and 16th-century traditional architecture are found throughout.
Visit www.AndersonGardens.org for more details. Anderson Japanese Gardens is a qualified 501(c)(3) organization.
Posted June 13, 2014