- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Rockford’s Anderson Gardens among top North American Japanese Gardens
Online Staff Report
Sukiya Living magazine (The Journal of Japanese Gardening) recently released its ranking of the highest-quality Japanese gardens in North America. A panel of 41 Japanese garden specialists considered more than 300 public Japanese gardens and ranked the gardens based on defined characteristics including subtleness, natural beauty, moderation and human scale.
Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, has been selected as the highest-quality Japanese garden in North America by this group of distinguished experts.
More information can be found at http://www.rothteien.com/topics/na-survey.htm.
Inspired by calm and tranquility, this 12-acre award-winning landscape is composed of koi-filled ponds, winding pathways, gentle streams, plunging waterfalls, raked gravel gardens, beautifully trained pines and more. Master craftsmanship and 16th-century traditional architecture are found throughout.
Visit www.AndersonGardens.org for more details. Anderson Japanese Gardens is a qualified 501(c)(3) organization.
Posted June 13, 2014