- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford’s Anderson Gardens among top North American Japanese Gardens
Online Staff Report
Sukiya Living magazine (The Journal of Japanese Gardening) recently released its ranking of the highest-quality Japanese gardens in North America. A panel of 41 Japanese garden specialists considered more than 300 public Japanese gardens and ranked the gardens based on defined characteristics including subtleness, natural beauty, moderation and human scale.
Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, has been selected as the highest-quality Japanese garden in North America by this group of distinguished experts.
More information can be found at http://www.rothteien.com/topics/na-survey.htm.
Inspired by calm and tranquility, this 12-acre award-winning landscape is composed of koi-filled ponds, winding pathways, gentle streams, plunging waterfalls, raked gravel gardens, beautifully trained pines and more. Master craftsmanship and 16th-century traditional architecture are found throughout.
Visit www.AndersonGardens.org for more details. Anderson Japanese Gardens is a qualified 501(c)(3) organization.
Posted June 13, 2014