- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
26-year-old Rockford man dies following Hess Court shooting
Online Staff Report
At around 3:08 a.m., Saturday, June 14, Rockford police responded to 1000 Hess Court in reference to the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located two gunshot victims, one adult male and one adult female. The adult male has been identified as 26-year-old Darnell Mullins of Rockford.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported both victims to a local hospital. Mullins died as a result of his injuries, while the female’s injuries were not life-threatening.
Police identified the female as a 25-year-old former Rockford resident who was in town visiting relatives.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted June 16, 2014