- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
26-year-old Rockford man dies following Hess Court shooting
Online Staff Report
At around 3:08 a.m., Saturday, June 14, Rockford police responded to 1000 Hess Court in reference to the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located two gunshot victims, one adult male and one adult female. The adult male has been identified as 26-year-old Darnell Mullins of Rockford.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported both victims to a local hospital. Mullins died as a result of his injuries, while the female’s injuries were not life-threatening.
Police identified the female as a 25-year-old former Rockford resident who was in town visiting relatives.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted June 16, 2014