- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
26-year-old Rockford man dies following Hess Court shooting
Online Staff Report
At around 3:08 a.m., Saturday, June 14, Rockford police responded to 1000 Hess Court in reference to the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located two gunshot victims, one adult male and one adult female. The adult male has been identified as 26-year-old Darnell Mullins of Rockford.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported both victims to a local hospital. Mullins died as a result of his injuries, while the female’s injuries were not life-threatening.
Police identified the female as a 25-year-old former Rockford resident who was in town visiting relatives.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted June 16, 2014