- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
26-year-old Rockford man dies following Hess Court shooting
Online Staff Report
At around 3:08 a.m., Saturday, June 14, Rockford police responded to 1000 Hess Court in reference to the report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located two gunshot victims, one adult male and one adult female. The adult male has been identified as 26-year-old Darnell Mullins of Rockford.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported both victims to a local hospital. Mullins died as a result of his injuries, while the female’s injuries were not life-threatening.
Police identified the female as a 25-year-old former Rockford resident who was in town visiting relatives.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted June 16, 2014