- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Eight arrested following June 15 prostitution operation
Online Staff Report
Sunday, June 15, officers from the Rockford Police Department conducted a Street Crimes Detail within District 2, which is the Pilot Police District. During the course of the operation, officers worked in an undercover capacity focusing on street-level nuisance crimes.
As a result of the detail, two women were arrested for prostitution, one woman was arrested for violation of the Controlled Substance Act, and five men were arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
Names and charges are as follow:
• Jennifer M. Brown, 33, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Tara Short, 37, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Sheila L. Foerster, 46, Rockford — Charged with violation of the Controlled Substances Act;
• Cuauhtemoc Cortes-Perez, 22, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute, no valid driver’s license, fictitious or unlawfully altered identification card, and obstructing justice;
• Ronald Aumann, 46, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Willjohn Rhynes, 39, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Douglas G. Werle, 50, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute; and
• Dominique Richardson, 35, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute.
Five vehicles were impounded pending payment of fines and costs as per City of Rockford ordinance violations.
Posted June 16, 2014