- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Eight arrested following June 15 prostitution operation
Online Staff Report
Sunday, June 15, officers from the Rockford Police Department conducted a Street Crimes Detail within District 2, which is the Pilot Police District. During the course of the operation, officers worked in an undercover capacity focusing on street-level nuisance crimes.
As a result of the detail, two women were arrested for prostitution, one woman was arrested for violation of the Controlled Substance Act, and five men were arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
Names and charges are as follow:
• Jennifer M. Brown, 33, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Tara Short, 37, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Sheila L. Foerster, 46, Rockford — Charged with violation of the Controlled Substances Act;
• Cuauhtemoc Cortes-Perez, 22, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute, no valid driver’s license, fictitious or unlawfully altered identification card, and obstructing justice;
• Ronald Aumann, 46, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Willjohn Rhynes, 39, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Douglas G. Werle, 50, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute; and
• Dominique Richardson, 35, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute.
Five vehicles were impounded pending payment of fines and costs as per City of Rockford ordinance violations.
Posted June 16, 2014