- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Eight arrested following June 15 prostitution operation
Online Staff Report
Sunday, June 15, officers from the Rockford Police Department conducted a Street Crimes Detail within District 2, which is the Pilot Police District. During the course of the operation, officers worked in an undercover capacity focusing on street-level nuisance crimes.
As a result of the detail, two women were arrested for prostitution, one woman was arrested for violation of the Controlled Substance Act, and five men were arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
Names and charges are as follow:
• Jennifer M. Brown, 33, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Tara Short, 37, Rockford — Charged with prostitution;
• Sheila L. Foerster, 46, Rockford — Charged with violation of the Controlled Substances Act;
• Cuauhtemoc Cortes-Perez, 22, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute, no valid driver’s license, fictitious or unlawfully altered identification card, and obstructing justice;
• Ronald Aumann, 46, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Willjohn Rhynes, 39, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute;
• Douglas G. Werle, 50, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute; and
• Dominique Richardson, 35, Rockford — Charged with soliciting a prostitute.
Five vehicles were impounded pending payment of fines and costs as per City of Rockford ordinance violations.
Posted June 16, 2014