- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Schnucks recalls bakery products
Online Staff Report
Schnucks Bakery has issued a voluntary recall on Devil’s Food Cakes decorated with pecans. Anyone with a pecan allergy who consumed this product may be at risk for serious reaction.
During an ingredient/label review, it was noted that although pecans were visible on top of the cake (not baked inside), the known allergen was not disclosed on the label.
These cakes were sold at all Schnucks stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. Customers are urged to check for:
Schnucks Bakery 8” Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831186; and
Schnucks Bakery ½ Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831078.
There have been no reports of illness associated with this recall. However, if you are concerned about a possible allergic reaction please contact your physician.
Customers may return the specified product to their nearest Schnucks store for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call the Schnucks Consumer Affairs department at 314-994-4400 or 1-800-264-4400.