- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Schnucks recalls bakery products
Online Staff Report
Schnucks Bakery has issued a voluntary recall on Devil’s Food Cakes decorated with pecans. Anyone with a pecan allergy who consumed this product may be at risk for serious reaction.
During an ingredient/label review, it was noted that although pecans were visible on top of the cake (not baked inside), the known allergen was not disclosed on the label.
These cakes were sold at all Schnucks stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. Customers are urged to check for:
Schnucks Bakery 8” Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831186; and
Schnucks Bakery ½ Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831078.
There have been no reports of illness associated with this recall. However, if you are concerned about a possible allergic reaction please contact your physician.
Customers may return the specified product to their nearest Schnucks store for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call the Schnucks Consumer Affairs department at 314-994-4400 or 1-800-264-4400.