- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Schnucks recalls bakery products
Online Staff Report
Schnucks Bakery has issued a voluntary recall on Devil’s Food Cakes decorated with pecans. Anyone with a pecan allergy who consumed this product may be at risk for serious reaction.
During an ingredient/label review, it was noted that although pecans were visible on top of the cake (not baked inside), the known allergen was not disclosed on the label.
These cakes were sold at all Schnucks stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. Customers are urged to check for:
Schnucks Bakery 8” Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831186; and
Schnucks Bakery ½ Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831078.
There have been no reports of illness associated with this recall. However, if you are concerned about a possible allergic reaction please contact your physician.
Customers may return the specified product to their nearest Schnucks store for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call the Schnucks Consumer Affairs department at 314-994-4400 or 1-800-264-4400.