- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Schnucks recalls bakery products
Online Staff Report
Schnucks Bakery has issued a voluntary recall on Devil’s Food Cakes decorated with pecans. Anyone with a pecan allergy who consumed this product may be at risk for serious reaction.
During an ingredient/label review, it was noted that although pecans were visible on top of the cake (not baked inside), the known allergen was not disclosed on the label.
These cakes were sold at all Schnucks stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa. Customers are urged to check for:
Schnucks Bakery 8” Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831186; and
Schnucks Bakery ½ Devil’s Food Cake, UPC: 04131831078.
There have been no reports of illness associated with this recall. However, if you are concerned about a possible allergic reaction please contact your physician.
Customers may return the specified product to their nearest Schnucks store for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call the Schnucks Consumer Affairs department at 314-994-4400 or 1-800-264-4400.