- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Portions of Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area closed following June 16 storm
Online Staff Report
Portions of the Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area have been closed after straight-line winds caused significant tree damage June 16, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has reported.
Lake Le Aqua Na is in Stephenson County, just north of Lena and 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
As a result of the storm, the south side of the park and the trail system are closed. The campground is open and electric service has been restored to the shop and residence. Trail system repairs are expected to begin early next week, contingent on availability of equipment from other sites.
Posted June 18, 2014