- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Portions of Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area closed following June 16 storm
Online Staff Report
Portions of the Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area have been closed after straight-line winds caused significant tree damage June 16, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has reported.
Lake Le Aqua Na is in Stephenson County, just north of Lena and 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
As a result of the storm, the south side of the park and the trail system are closed. The campground is open and electric service has been restored to the shop and residence. Trail system repairs are expected to begin early next week, contingent on availability of equipment from other sites.
Posted June 18, 2014