- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Portions of Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area closed following June 16 storm
Online Staff Report
Portions of the Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area have been closed after straight-line winds caused significant tree damage June 16, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has reported.
Lake Le Aqua Na is in Stephenson County, just north of Lena and 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
As a result of the storm, the south side of the park and the trail system are closed. The campground is open and electric service has been restored to the shop and residence. Trail system repairs are expected to begin early next week, contingent on availability of equipment from other sites.
Posted June 18, 2014