- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Portions of Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area closed following June 16 storm
Online Staff Report
Portions of the Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area have been closed after straight-line winds caused significant tree damage June 16, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has reported.
Lake Le Aqua Na is in Stephenson County, just north of Lena and 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
As a result of the storm, the south side of the park and the trail system are closed. The campground is open and electric service has been restored to the shop and residence. Trail system repairs are expected to begin early next week, contingent on availability of equipment from other sites.
Posted June 18, 2014