- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Portions of Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area closed following June 16 storm
Online Staff Report
Portions of the Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area have been closed after straight-line winds caused significant tree damage June 16, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources has reported.
Lake Le Aqua Na is in Stephenson County, just north of Lena and 6 miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
As a result of the storm, the south side of the park and the trail system are closed. The campground is open and electric service has been restored to the shop and residence. Trail system repairs are expected to begin early next week, contingent on availability of equipment from other sites.
Posted June 18, 2014