- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
June 20 City Market: Music by Paper Airplane, art, music, produce and more
Online Staff Report
Rockford City Market showcases local talents that include art, music, produce and more. Spend this Friday night, June 20, with great company at City Market. Stop by the market from 3 to 8 p.m.
Following is what to expect at City Market this Friday:
• Music — Paper Airplane: Paper Airplane is an acoustic duo that plays an unexpected mix of songs from the 1960s to today. Paper Airplane will be performing from 4 to 7:30 p.m. on the upper deck.
• Kids’ activities — United Way and Angelic Organics Learning Center.
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lucky Penny Collective; Rockford Area Arts Council: Laura Sjoquist; and Rotating Artist: Savon Blosser.
• Meet Rockford Health System providers — Visit the Rockford Health System booth at Market and Water streets and talk with staff and providers from the Sleep Center and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department. Information will be provided about a variety of health topics including sleep apnea and other sleep-related conditions among adults and children; home sleep testing; EEG testing; pulmonary rehabilitation; and smoking cessation. Sleep technologists and pulmonary rehabilitation staff will be on hand to answer questions.
Rockford City Market is held every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted June 19, 2014