- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Ryan Jury Golf Outing raises $62,000
Online Staff Report
The 29th annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing, held Wednesday, June 18, raised $62,000, breaking its record for the most money raised in one golf outing.
The Jury family presented the check Wednesday evening at the dinner, held at Giovanni’s, to SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski and Director of the Ryan Jury Child Development Center Carol Mittel.
The outing is held each year by the Jury family in memory of their son, Ryan, who died at the age of 23 months in 1986.
With this year’s donation, the total raised by the outings over the last 29 years is $979,858.
The proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The center, which opened in 2008, is named for Ryan and is on the SwedishAmerican campus.
Posted June 20, 2014