- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Ryan Jury Golf Outing raises $62,000
Online Staff Report
The 29th annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing, held Wednesday, June 18, raised $62,000, breaking its record for the most money raised in one golf outing.
The Jury family presented the check Wednesday evening at the dinner, held at Giovanni’s, to SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski and Director of the Ryan Jury Child Development Center Carol Mittel.
The outing is held each year by the Jury family in memory of their son, Ryan, who died at the age of 23 months in 1986.
With this year’s donation, the total raised by the outings over the last 29 years is $979,858.
The proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The center, which opened in 2008, is named for Ryan and is on the SwedishAmerican campus.
Posted June 20, 2014