- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Ryan Jury Golf Outing raises $62,000
Online Staff Report
The 29th annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing, held Wednesday, June 18, raised $62,000, breaking its record for the most money raised in one golf outing.
The Jury family presented the check Wednesday evening at the dinner, held at Giovanni’s, to SwedishAmerican President and CEO Dr. Bill Gorski and Director of the Ryan Jury Child Development Center Carol Mittel.
The outing is held each year by the Jury family in memory of their son, Ryan, who died at the age of 23 months in 1986.
With this year’s donation, the total raised by the outings over the last 29 years is $979,858.
The proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The center, which opened in 2008, is named for Ryan and is on the SwedishAmerican campus.
Posted June 20, 2014