- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Byron Skate Park set to open June 28
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Park District will host a grand opening of the Byron Skate Park from 3 to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 28. The Skate Park is between the ball fields behind Byron High School, 696 N. Colfax St., Byron, Ill.
Food and beverages will be provided as part of the event, along with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 3 p.m. Also included will be skateboard, bike, in-line skates and scooter competitions. Registration for those events begins at 3 p.m., and are taken up to the time of each individual competition. Age divisions are 5-10, 11-15, and 16 and older. Prizes will be awarded to the top three in each age division.
The facility was a cooperative effort with the Byron Forest Preserve District, City of Byron, Byron CUSD No. 226 and the Byron Park District. Contact the Park District executive director at (815) 234-6232 or visit www.byronparkdistrict.com for more details.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue