- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Byron Skate Park set to open June 28
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Park District will host a grand opening of the Byron Skate Park from 3 to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 28. The Skate Park is between the ball fields behind Byron High School, 696 N. Colfax St., Byron, Ill.
Food and beverages will be provided as part of the event, along with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 3 p.m. Also included will be skateboard, bike, in-line skates and scooter competitions. Registration for those events begins at 3 p.m., and are taken up to the time of each individual competition. Age divisions are 5-10, 11-15, and 16 and older. Prizes will be awarded to the top three in each age division.
The facility was a cooperative effort with the Byron Forest Preserve District, City of Byron, Byron CUSD No. 226 and the Byron Park District. Contact the Park District executive director at (815) 234-6232 or visit www.byronparkdistrict.com for more details.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue