- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Byron Skate Park set to open June 28
BYRON, Ill. — Byron Park District will host a grand opening of the Byron Skate Park from 3 to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 28. The Skate Park is between the ball fields behind Byron High School, 696 N. Colfax St., Byron, Ill.
Food and beverages will be provided as part of the event, along with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 3 p.m. Also included will be skateboard, bike, in-line skates and scooter competitions. Registration for those events begins at 3 p.m., and are taken up to the time of each individual competition. Age divisions are 5-10, 11-15, and 16 and older. Prizes will be awarded to the top three in each age division.
The facility was a cooperative effort with the Byron Forest Preserve District, City of Byron, Byron CUSD No. 226 and the Byron Park District. Contact the Park District executive director at (815) 234-6232 or visit www.byronparkdistrict.com for more details.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue