- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Local publisher preps for release of book by Jesus Correa VII
Zombie Logic Press has announced the launch of its fifth project, Iced Cream, a poetry book written and illustrated by Rockford artist Jesus Abraham Correa VII.
The book’s 78 pages delve into the life of Correa, who has run for Rockford mayor as a Green Party candidate, is a stand-up comedian, wrestler, poet, musician and visual artist.
Zombie Logic Press calls it: “Excruciatingly personal. So personal you will find yourself cringing. He pulls no punches about his history. And it is the history of a man who has done and seen things that are somewhat extraordinary. The way he tells it is pure romance in the face of almost crushing adversity.”
A book launch party will be at 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 9, at Rockford Art Deli (RAD), 402 E. State St.
A crowd-funding campaign has been launched on Kickstarter, and backers will be able to receive several unique rewards, including the cover artwork, painted by Correa.
Information about the Kickstarter campaign can be found at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zombielogic/scream-for-iced-cream-by-jesus-abraham-correa-vii. The campaign will end at 5:04 p.m., July 3.
The book will be the first in a series of bi-annual poetry books Zombie Logic Press will be publishing by Rockford and Rock River Valley region poets. The goal is to export to an international audience what the publisher believes is a wealth of local talent.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue