- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Oregon Trail Days 5K Rugged River Run July 20 at Lowden State Park
• Registration open; run goes through forest, along river on Blackhawk Trail, up stairs, and through Lorado Taft Field Campus
OREGON, Ill. — Registration is now available for the Oregon Trail Days 5K Rugged River Run. This event takes place Sunday, July 20, at Lowden State Park in Oregon, Ill. It replaces the 8K Run-a-muck the festival sponsored in the past. This challenging event will have participants running through the forest, along the river on the Blackhawk Trail, up stairs and hills, and they will even get to run through the Lorado Taft Field Campus.
“Last year’s 5K Rugged River Run was a huge success,” said Erin Pederson, committee member. “Runners were thrilled with the new course and really enjoyed the challenges that Lowden State Park offered. They were especially delighted to be able to run trails and stairs at the Lorado Taft Field Campus and enjoy a full delicious breakfast afterward.”
The Rugged River Run costs $35 and includes the entry fees to the run and to Oregon Trail Days Festival as well as a T-shirt and breakfast at the Lorado Taft Field Campus. Participants can also bring friends and family to the event for $18, which includes breakfast and entry to the festival. Event-day registration is $40. The race starts at the Festival Parking Lot with check-in at 7 a.m. and the race starting at 8 a.m. Runners will finish at the cafeteria at the Lorado Taft Field Campus. After breakfast, they can enjoy the festival and then take a shuttle back to their cars.
Registration for the Rugged River Run is available at www.oregontraildays.org and www.signmeup.com/calendar. Questions may be directed to Sue French at (815) 732-2388 or Event Manager Amy Trimble at (815) 238-8672.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue