- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Reservations due July 23 for Aug. 2 Art in the Garden at La Paloma Gardens
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents its 10th annual Art in the Garden from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 2, at La Paloma Gardens, 3622 Brookview Road, Rockford. Tickets are $175 each or $1,750 for a corporate table; reservation deadline is Wednesday, July 23. Proceeds from this annual summer fund-raising gala benefit RAM exhibitions and educational programming throughout the year.
Shelly Green is chairman of this year’s Art in the Garden. The event features an evening of dinner and dancing inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
La Paloma Gardens — a private garden cultivated by Honorary Chairman Karen Vaughn Harding and her late husband, Ben — serves as the breathtaking backdrop for the outdoor event.
The anniversary celebration includes plein-air seated dining by Jewell Events Catering, dancing under the moon and stars to music by Disarc DJ’s, a wine sale and much more. Valet parking is included. Rain site is RAM, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
For tickets or more information, contact RAM at (815) 968-2787 or email@example.com.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue