- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Reservations due July 23 for Aug. 2 Art in the Garden at La Paloma Gardens
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents its 10th annual Art in the Garden from 6 to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 2, at La Paloma Gardens, 3622 Brookview Road, Rockford. Tickets are $175 each or $1,750 for a corporate table; reservation deadline is Wednesday, July 23. Proceeds from this annual summer fund-raising gala benefit RAM exhibitions and educational programming throughout the year.
Shelly Green is chairman of this year’s Art in the Garden. The event features an evening of dinner and dancing inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
La Paloma Gardens — a private garden cultivated by Honorary Chairman Karen Vaughn Harding and her late husband, Ben — serves as the breathtaking backdrop for the outdoor event.
The anniversary celebration includes plein-air seated dining by Jewell Events Catering, dancing under the moon and stars to music by Disarc DJ’s, a wine sale and much more. Valet parking is included. Rain site is RAM, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
For tickets or more information, contact RAM at (815) 968-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue