- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Rockford Hip Hop Congress offers breakdancing, DJing workshops
Ever wanted to learn the history and fundamentals of breakdancing and DJing? Rockford Hip Hop Congress (RHHC) is providing community members with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Join Wrek’em and DJ Vic Monsta as they team up to bring exclusive hip hop-inspired workshops. Collectively, Wrek’em and DJ Vic Monsta have more than 10 years of experience.
Learn everything you need to know to become a great BBoy/BGirl and/or DJ. These hands-on workshops are open to the public and require no prior experience.
RHHC will not only teach you the history of your chosen art forms, but also provide attendees with the basic fundamentals, sources, techniques and terminology.
As an added bonus, instructors will teach students the art of battling. Regardless of experience, these workshops are designed to accommodate all. So whether you’re a beginner or just looking for fun or an opportunity to brush up on your skills, these workshops are for you.
All 101 workshops will be at 325 Studio, 325 W. Jefferson St., downtown Rockford. Workshops are $5 per class ($20 for the entire series).
The Breakdance 101 workshop will be every Thursday beginning July 3 and continuing through Thursday, July 24. Classes are 3-4 p.m. for the Kids’ Class (ages 5-12) and 4:30-5:30 p.m. for the Junior Class (ages 13 and older).
The DJ 101 workshop will begin Monday, June 30, and continue every Monday until July 21. Classes are 4-5 p.m. (ages 14 and older).
Parents, family and friends are encouraged to attend and support the students.
For more information, workshop schedule and registration details, visit www.rockfordhhc.org.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue