- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Hip Hop Congress offers breakdancing, DJing workshops
Ever wanted to learn the history and fundamentals of breakdancing and DJing? Rockford Hip Hop Congress (RHHC) is providing community members with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Join Wrek’em and DJ Vic Monsta as they team up to bring exclusive hip hop-inspired workshops. Collectively, Wrek’em and DJ Vic Monsta have more than 10 years of experience.
Learn everything you need to know to become a great BBoy/BGirl and/or DJ. These hands-on workshops are open to the public and require no prior experience.
RHHC will not only teach you the history of your chosen art forms, but also provide attendees with the basic fundamentals, sources, techniques and terminology.
As an added bonus, instructors will teach students the art of battling. Regardless of experience, these workshops are designed to accommodate all. So whether you’re a beginner or just looking for fun or an opportunity to brush up on your skills, these workshops are for you.
All 101 workshops will be at 325 Studio, 325 W. Jefferson St., downtown Rockford. Workshops are $5 per class ($20 for the entire series).
The Breakdance 101 workshop will be every Thursday beginning July 3 and continuing through Thursday, July 24. Classes are 3-4 p.m. for the Kids’ Class (ages 5-12) and 4:30-5:30 p.m. for the Junior Class (ages 13 and older).
The DJ 101 workshop will begin Monday, June 30, and continue every Monday until July 21. Classes are 4-5 p.m. (ages 14 and older).
Parents, family and friends are encouraged to attend and support the students.
For more information, workshop schedule and registration details, visit www.rockfordhhc.org.
From the June 25-July 1, 2014, issue