- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
BMX Midwest Nationals in Rockford June 27-29
Online Staff Report
Rockford BMX will host the 2014 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday-Sunday, June 27-29. More than 1,500 pro and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best motocross tracks in the country.
Races will be at Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford. General parking is $10 per day, $25 per weekend, and motorhome parking is $50 per weekend; competitors’ registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
Schedule includes the following:
• Friday, 5 p.m. — Double-point race;
• Saturday, 11:20 a.m. — Opening Ceremony;
• Saturday, 11:30 a.m. — Midwest National No. 1; and
• Sunday, 8 a.m. — Midwest National No. 2.
The events will bring approximately 6,000 racers and fans to the region and generate an estimated $300,000 for local sites, attractions and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance.
Posted June 26, 2014