- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
BMX Midwest Nationals in Rockford June 27-29
Online Staff Report
Rockford BMX will host the 2014 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday-Sunday, June 27-29. More than 1,500 pro and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best motocross tracks in the country.
Races will be at Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford. General parking is $10 per day, $25 per weekend, and motorhome parking is $50 per weekend; competitors’ registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
Schedule includes the following:
• Friday, 5 p.m. — Double-point race;
• Saturday, 11:20 a.m. — Opening Ceremony;
• Saturday, 11:30 a.m. — Midwest National No. 1; and
• Sunday, 8 a.m. — Midwest National No. 2.
The events will bring approximately 6,000 racers and fans to the region and generate an estimated $300,000 for local sites, attractions and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance.
Posted June 26, 2014