- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
BMX Midwest Nationals in Rockford June 27-29
Online Staff Report
Rockford BMX will host the 2014 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday-Sunday, June 27-29. More than 1,500 pro and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best motocross tracks in the country.
Races will be at Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford. General parking is $10 per day, $25 per weekend, and motorhome parking is $50 per weekend; competitors’ registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
Schedule includes the following:
• Friday, 5 p.m. — Double-point race;
• Saturday, 11:20 a.m. — Opening Ceremony;
• Saturday, 11:30 a.m. — Midwest National No. 1; and
• Sunday, 8 a.m. — Midwest National No. 2.
The events will bring approximately 6,000 racers and fans to the region and generate an estimated $300,000 for local sites, attractions and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance.
Posted June 26, 2014