- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
BMX Midwest Nationals in Rockford June 27-29
Online Staff Report
Rockford BMX will host the 2014 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday-Sunday, June 27-29. More than 1,500 pro and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best motocross tracks in the country.
Races will be at Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford. General parking is $10 per day, $25 per weekend, and motorhome parking is $50 per weekend; competitors’ registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
Schedule includes the following:
• Friday, 5 p.m. — Double-point race;
• Saturday, 11:20 a.m. — Opening Ceremony;
• Saturday, 11:30 a.m. — Midwest National No. 1; and
• Sunday, 8 a.m. — Midwest National No. 2.
The events will bring approximately 6,000 racers and fans to the region and generate an estimated $300,000 for local sites, attractions and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance.
Posted June 26, 2014