- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
BMX Midwest Nationals in Rockford June 27-29
Online Staff Report
Rockford BMX will host the 2014 USA BMX Midwest Nationals Friday-Sunday, June 27-29. More than 1,500 pro and amateur racers will compete for national rankings on one of the best motocross tracks in the country.
Races will be at Searls Park BMX Track, 4950 Safford Road, Rockford. General parking is $10 per day, $25 per weekend, and motorhome parking is $50 per weekend; competitors’ registration fees are available at www.rockfordbmx.com.
Schedule includes the following:
• Friday, 5 p.m. — Double-point race;
• Saturday, 11:20 a.m. — Opening Ceremony;
• Saturday, 11:30 a.m. — Midwest National No. 1; and
• Sunday, 8 a.m. — Midwest National No. 2.
The events will bring approximately 6,000 racers and fans to the region and generate an estimated $300,000 for local sites, attractions and eateries. Pros from all over the world will be in attendance.
Posted June 26, 2014