- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
Crusader recognized for integration of routine HIV testing
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Crusader Community Health was recently recognized for its outstanding work for the integration of routine HIV testing at the Fourth Annual All Sites Meeting of the Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago and the Midwest Aids Training Education Center.
The Broadway Adult Medical Pod’s of Crusader Community Health offer free rapid HIV testing to all patients. This test is administered by the Medical Support staff to patients seeing an adult medical provider. Early detection and treatment of HIV is important.
In 2013, the Broadway HIV testing team administered more than 3,700 Rapid HIV tests. Reactive tests were identified, and those patients were linked to care with the HIV Department/Living with HIV Program at the West State location of Crusader Community Health.
Crusader Community Health at West State is the primary location for the Living with HIV “Program” since in 1990. This program provides comprehensive access to treatment for patients with HIV, including counseling, medications and experienced providers. During 2013, 295 HIV/AIDS patients received care at Crusader Community Health through this program.
June 27 is “National HIV Testing Day.” Join Crusader Community Health in spreading the word for early HIV detection through testing. Contact Ron Webb, outreach test counselor, at (815) 490-1677.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit, Illinois corporation, whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis.
Crusader Community Health has four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St., Rockford; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh Street, Rockford; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill.; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill.
To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600, or for more about Crusader Community Health, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
Posted June 26, 2014