- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Jim Roberts to bring ‘Sacred Sounds of the East’ to State of the Art Gallery
Online Staff Report
Jim Roberts, musician and former pastor of Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Rockford, will join artist Roni Golan for a musical and painting event at Rockford’s State of the Art Gallery. The event will be Friday, June 27, from noon to 10 p.m., with the performance taking place from 7 to 8 p.m.
Golan, painter and gallery owner, will be creating a painting, as Roberts performs using an Earth Gong, Koto (a Japanese musical instrument) and does a reading of Zen poetry.
The event, which brings together sound, spoken word and visuals, will provide attendees an evening to remember. There is no charge for the event; however, space is limited, so contact the gallery at (815) 979-1944 to reserve a spot.
The gallery will also be displaying numerous pieces of glass, ceramic, stained glass and other works by local artists. Also, State of the Art has announced a new collaboration with Lexy Charms Couture. The gallery will now feature a selection of new designer clothing, shoes and jewelry.
Food and beverage for the event will be provided by Ronit’s Kitchen, which will once again be a part of this year’s Rockford City Market. Sample some of the Mediterranean cuisine that will be available at City Market.
All attendees can register for an original art piece by Golan, with the drawing at the conclusion of the evening. For more about the gallery, check out the gallery on Facebook at www.facebook.com/218stateoftheart.
Posted June 26, 2014