- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Literary Hook: Poem: ‘Consider’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In the fulfillment of joy, consider:
the fireflies enchanting the twilight,
monarchs landing softer than a whisper,
and golden rays of the full moon ignite
sleepers’ dreams. Night breeze dancing through windows
where dreamers turn softly toward each other
in their peaceful sleep on kindest pillows.
In the fulfillment of joy, remember:
midnight rain, morning dew, the dove’s coo,
the lily in fulfillment opening,
the phlox in fulfillment opening, too,
stretching always to the sun’s beckoning.
Let summer deploy abundance, indeed,
the fulfillment of joy from every seed.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 26, 2014