- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Literary Hook: Poem: ‘Consider’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In the fulfillment of joy, consider:
the fireflies enchanting the twilight,
monarchs landing softer than a whisper,
and golden rays of the full moon ignite
sleepers’ dreams. Night breeze dancing through windows
where dreamers turn softly toward each other
in their peaceful sleep on kindest pillows.
In the fulfillment of joy, remember:
midnight rain, morning dew, the dove’s coo,
the lily in fulfillment opening,
the phlox in fulfillment opening, too,
stretching always to the sun’s beckoning.
Let summer deploy abundance, indeed,
the fulfillment of joy from every seed.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 26, 2014