- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Literary Hook: Poem: ‘Consider’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In the fulfillment of joy, consider:
the fireflies enchanting the twilight,
monarchs landing softer than a whisper,
and golden rays of the full moon ignite
sleepers’ dreams. Night breeze dancing through windows
where dreamers turn softly toward each other
in their peaceful sleep on kindest pillows.
In the fulfillment of joy, remember:
midnight rain, morning dew, the dove’s coo,
the lily in fulfillment opening,
the phlox in fulfillment opening, too,
stretching always to the sun’s beckoning.
Let summer deploy abundance, indeed,
the fulfillment of joy from every seed.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 26, 2014