- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Literary Hook: Poem: ‘Consider’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In the fulfillment of joy, consider:
the fireflies enchanting the twilight,
monarchs landing softer than a whisper,
and golden rays of the full moon ignite
sleepers’ dreams. Night breeze dancing through windows
where dreamers turn softly toward each other
in their peaceful sleep on kindest pillows.
In the fulfillment of joy, remember:
midnight rain, morning dew, the dove’s coo,
the lily in fulfillment opening,
the phlox in fulfillment opening, too,
stretching always to the sun’s beckoning.
Let summer deploy abundance, indeed,
the fulfillment of joy from every seed.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 26, 2014