- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Literary Hook: Poem: ‘Consider’
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In the fulfillment of joy, consider:
the fireflies enchanting the twilight,
monarchs landing softer than a whisper,
and golden rays of the full moon ignite
sleepers’ dreams. Night breeze dancing through windows
where dreamers turn softly toward each other
in their peaceful sleep on kindest pillows.
In the fulfillment of joy, remember:
midnight rain, morning dew, the dove’s coo,
the lily in fulfillment opening,
the phlox in fulfillment opening, too,
stretching always to the sun’s beckoning.
Let summer deploy abundance, indeed,
the fulfillment of joy from every seed.
Christine Swanberg is a local author and poet. She received the Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award at the 2012 Rockford Area Arts Council State of the Arts Awards.
Posted June 26, 2014