- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Locally produced food featured at 29th Annual Ag Breakfast in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — The 29th Annual Stephenson County Ag Breakfast will be Saturday, June 28, at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds in Freeport, Ill.
The breakfast begins at 6 a.m. and runs until 10 a.m., and includes whole hog sausage, beef bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, coffee cake, milk and ice cream.
Beginning at 6:30 a.m., two area musicians will be providing entertainment in the newer commercial building throughout the morning. From 6:30 to 8:30 a.m., Dave Ruter Ministries will entertain, followed by Dave DeMeester from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
In addition to a great breakfast featuring the tastiest food in Stephenson County, guests will be able to shop for handmade crafts, ride the barrel train, compete in barnyard bowling and enjoy the 4-H petting zoo, which features farm animals big and small.
The Ag Breakfast also features displays of area agribusinesses and agriculture and conservation organizations.
This annual event is planned and coordinated by a dedicated committee of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds, including retirees, farmers, town folk, ag business and 4-H members and leaders. There is something for everyone at the breakfast, and anyone who likes a good meal will come away well-fed and entertained.
A donation of $5 per person includes breakfast, ice cream and all entertainment. Children 5 and younger are admitted free. Handicap accessible parking is available.
The Stephenson County Fairgrounds is on the south side of Freeport at 2250 S. Walnut Road. For more about the breakfast, call Ardath DeWall at (815) 864-2561 or Diana Ethridge at (815) 232-8323. For information about the craft show, call Cindy Rackow at (815) 789-3113. Contact Barb Curry, volunteers, at (815) 235-4125, and Margaret Larson, local foods initiative and for agricultural-related businesses and organizations who would like a table display, at (815) 235-4125.
Posted June 26, 2014