- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert June 28
Online Staff Report
MT. MORRIS, Ill. — The Second Annual Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert will be Saturday, June 28, in downtown Mt. Morris, Ill., on Wesley Avenue. Gates open at noon, and the concert will continue until 11 p.m. Headline performers are Wayland, with guests The Merlins, Audio Abduction and Desolation Row.
Admission is $15, and children age 12 and younger are admitted free. Free camping will be available Saturday night at the Mt. Morris Moose Lodge, 101 Moose Drive. Sunday morning, stay for a $5 breakfast buffet.
Buy tickets for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster. Tickets are $10 each or six for $50. A beer garden will be available for ages 21 and older. The show is presented by Miller Lite.
Sponsors are Sharky’s Sports Bar & Grill, Junior Wyatt Photography, Bunj’s Killer Creative, Sterling Fence, WXRX 104.9, Messie’s Bar & Grill, Father & Son Pizzeria, Cartridge World, Fiesta Palace, JBE Enterprises, 11th Street Express Printing, and Ford of Dixon.
Bring the family and come on out to support our wounded servicemen and women and enjoy some great music.
Posted June 26, 2014