- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert June 28
Online Staff Report
MT. MORRIS, Ill. — The Second Annual Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert will be Saturday, June 28, in downtown Mt. Morris, Ill., on Wesley Avenue. Gates open at noon, and the concert will continue until 11 p.m. Headline performers are Wayland, with guests The Merlins, Audio Abduction and Desolation Row.
Admission is $15, and children age 12 and younger are admitted free. Free camping will be available Saturday night at the Mt. Morris Moose Lodge, 101 Moose Drive. Sunday morning, stay for a $5 breakfast buffet.
Buy tickets for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster. Tickets are $10 each or six for $50. A beer garden will be available for ages 21 and older. The show is presented by Miller Lite.
Sponsors are Sharky’s Sports Bar & Grill, Junior Wyatt Photography, Bunj’s Killer Creative, Sterling Fence, WXRX 104.9, Messie’s Bar & Grill, Father & Son Pizzeria, Cartridge World, Fiesta Palace, JBE Enterprises, 11th Street Express Printing, and Ford of Dixon.
Bring the family and come on out to support our wounded servicemen and women and enjoy some great music.
Posted June 26, 2014