- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert June 28
Online Staff Report
MT. MORRIS, Ill. — The Second Annual Wounded Warrior Benefit Concert will be Saturday, June 28, in downtown Mt. Morris, Ill., on Wesley Avenue. Gates open at noon, and the concert will continue until 11 p.m. Headline performers are Wayland, with guests The Merlins, Audio Abduction and Desolation Row.
Admission is $15, and children age 12 and younger are admitted free. Free camping will be available Saturday night at the Mt. Morris Moose Lodge, 101 Moose Drive. Sunday morning, stay for a $5 breakfast buffet.
Buy tickets for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster. Tickets are $10 each or six for $50. A beer garden will be available for ages 21 and older. The show is presented by Miller Lite.
Sponsors are Sharky’s Sports Bar & Grill, Junior Wyatt Photography, Bunj’s Killer Creative, Sterling Fence, WXRX 104.9, Messie’s Bar & Grill, Father & Son Pizzeria, Cartridge World, Fiesta Palace, JBE Enterprises, 11th Street Express Printing, and Ford of Dixon.
Bring the family and come on out to support our wounded servicemen and women and enjoy some great music.
Posted June 26, 2014