- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Fatal crash victim named
Online Staff Report
A man killed after his 2005 Chevy Impala he was driving hit a semi-tractor truck at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Perryville Road Sunday, June 29, has been identified as 21-year-old Jonathan R. Brooks.
Authorities say Brooks, of Rockford, was pronounced dead at 7:52 a.m., Monday, June 30. Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head as the result of the accident. Brooks was intoxicated at the time of the crash, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said. Results of other forensic testing will be available in two weeks. No autopsy will be performed, as a cause of death was determined by an attending physicians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The Cherry Valley Police Department is investigating the crash.