- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Fatal crash victim named
Online Staff Report
A man killed after his 2005 Chevy Impala he was driving hit a semi-tractor truck at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Perryville Road Sunday, June 29, has been identified as 21-year-old Jonathan R. Brooks.
Authorities say Brooks, of Rockford, was pronounced dead at 7:52 a.m., Monday, June 30. Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head as the result of the accident. Brooks was intoxicated at the time of the crash, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said. Results of other forensic testing will be available in two weeks. No autopsy will be performed, as a cause of death was determined by an attending physicians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The Cherry Valley Police Department is investigating the crash.