- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Fatal crash victim named
Online Staff Report
A man killed after his 2005 Chevy Impala he was driving hit a semi-tractor truck at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Perryville Road Sunday, June 29, has been identified as 21-year-old Jonathan R. Brooks.
Authorities say Brooks, of Rockford, was pronounced dead at 7:52 a.m., Monday, June 30. Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head as the result of the accident. Brooks was intoxicated at the time of the crash, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said. Results of other forensic testing will be available in two weeks. No autopsy will be performed, as a cause of death was determined by an attending physicians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The Cherry Valley Police Department is investigating the crash.