- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Fatal crash victim named
Online Staff Report
A man killed after his 2005 Chevy Impala he was driving hit a semi-tractor truck at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Perryville Road Sunday, June 29, has been identified as 21-year-old Jonathan R. Brooks.
Authorities say Brooks, of Rockford, was pronounced dead at 7:52 a.m., Monday, June 30. Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head as the result of the accident. Brooks was intoxicated at the time of the crash, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said. Results of other forensic testing will be available in two weeks. No autopsy will be performed, as a cause of death was determined by an attending physicians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The Cherry Valley Police Department is investigating the crash.