- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Fatal crash victim named
Online Staff Report
A man killed after his 2005 Chevy Impala he was driving hit a semi-tractor truck at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Perryville Road Sunday, June 29, has been identified as 21-year-old Jonathan R. Brooks.
Authorities say Brooks, of Rockford, was pronounced dead at 7:52 a.m., Monday, June 30. Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head as the result of the accident. Brooks was intoxicated at the time of the crash, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said. Results of other forensic testing will be available in two weeks. No autopsy will be performed, as a cause of death was determined by an attending physicians at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center.
The Cherry Valley Police Department is investigating the crash.