- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Police search for murder suspect in death of partially burned man
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are on the lookout for a 36-year-old man they say is responsible for the death of a man found partially burned Monday, June 30, inside an office building.
Terence Doddy, 36, is wanted on three counts of first-degree murder in connection with the death of 37-year-old Todd Hansmeier.
Hansmeier’s body was found Monday inside the QVSM call center, at 320 N. Alpine Road, Rockford. A fire had been started inside the building. Hansmeier was beaten to death, police said.
Police say Doddy may be driving Hansmeier’s late-model, black Chevy Cruze. Bond has been set at $1 million.
Doddy is also wanted on an aggravated domestic battery warrant with a bond of $100,000.
According to associates of both men, Doddy and Hansmeier were classmates at Hononegah High School.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Terrence Doddy is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.