- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Police search for murder suspect in death of partially burned man
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are on the lookout for a 36-year-old man they say is responsible for the death of a man found partially burned Monday, June 30, inside an office building.
Terence Doddy, 36, is wanted on three counts of first-degree murder in connection with the death of 37-year-old Todd Hansmeier.
Hansmeier’s body was found Monday inside the QVSM call center, at 320 N. Alpine Road, Rockford. A fire had been started inside the building. Hansmeier was beaten to death, police said.
Police say Doddy may be driving Hansmeier’s late-model, black Chevy Cruze. Bond has been set at $1 million.
Doddy is also wanted on an aggravated domestic battery warrant with a bond of $100,000.
According to associates of both men, Doddy and Hansmeier were classmates at Hononegah High School.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Terrence Doddy is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.