- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Police search for murder suspect in death of partially burned man
Online Staff Report
Rockford Police are on the lookout for a 36-year-old man they say is responsible for the death of a man found partially burned Monday, June 30, inside an office building.
Terence Doddy, 36, is wanted on three counts of first-degree murder in connection with the death of 37-year-old Todd Hansmeier.
Hansmeier’s body was found Monday inside the QVSM call center, at 320 N. Alpine Road, Rockford. A fire had been started inside the building. Hansmeier was beaten to death, police said.
Police say Doddy may be driving Hansmeier’s late-model, black Chevy Cruze. Bond has been set at $1 million.
Doddy is also wanted on an aggravated domestic battery warrant with a bond of $100,000.
According to associates of both men, Doddy and Hansmeier were classmates at Hononegah High School.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Terrence Doddy is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-7867.