- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Limited tickets available for July 11 ‘localvore dinner’ at Wind Ridge Herb Farm
CALEDONIA, Ill. — A localvore dinner is being held Friday, July 11, at 7 p.m. at the Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Chef Ryan Adams’ appearance is courtesy of Radisson Hotel and Conference Center of Rockford.
This dinner is to jumpstart the Boone County “Shop Local, Shop Boone County” program with the ultimate goal of a local-only store and kitchen featuring Boone County artisans, artists, farmers and producers of fine quality items and to encourage entrepreneurs to have a location to process and sell their produce and value-added products. For the local producers and farmers to have these opportunities, farmland preservation is essential.
A silent auction of locally produced foods and artist items will benefit the Boone County Agricultural Conservation Easement and Farmland Protection Commission and the Belvidere/Boone County Localvore movement.
The localvore dinner menu includes:
• Smoked pork belly with roasted sweet potato, fresh fig, chile, scallion and white balsamic.
• Beet salad with pureed beets, fresh greens, goat cheese and spiced wine vinaigrette.
• Campfire pike with northern pike, walnut leaves, charred eggplant, lemon and pomegranate.
• Grass-fed beef with stewed barley, tomato, saffron, marinated cheese and fresh herbs.
• Spiced rice pudding with rose water, candied nuts and edible flowers.
• Wine courtesy of PRP1.
A limited number of tickets are available for $75 each. Tickets are on sale at the Belvidere-Boone County Planning Department, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, Ill., or Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Call (815) 544-5271 or e-mail email@example.com with questions.
From the July 2-8, 2014, issue