- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Limited tickets available for July 11 ‘localvore dinner’ at Wind Ridge Herb Farm
CALEDONIA, Ill. — A localvore dinner is being held Friday, July 11, at 7 p.m. at the Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Chef Ryan Adams’ appearance is courtesy of Radisson Hotel and Conference Center of Rockford.
This dinner is to jumpstart the Boone County “Shop Local, Shop Boone County” program with the ultimate goal of a local-only store and kitchen featuring Boone County artisans, artists, farmers and producers of fine quality items and to encourage entrepreneurs to have a location to process and sell their produce and value-added products. For the local producers and farmers to have these opportunities, farmland preservation is essential.
A silent auction of locally produced foods and artist items will benefit the Boone County Agricultural Conservation Easement and Farmland Protection Commission and the Belvidere/Boone County Localvore movement.
The localvore dinner menu includes:
• Smoked pork belly with roasted sweet potato, fresh fig, chile, scallion and white balsamic.
• Beet salad with pureed beets, fresh greens, goat cheese and spiced wine vinaigrette.
• Campfire pike with northern pike, walnut leaves, charred eggplant, lemon and pomegranate.
• Grass-fed beef with stewed barley, tomato, saffron, marinated cheese and fresh herbs.
• Spiced rice pudding with rose water, candied nuts and edible flowers.
• Wine courtesy of PRP1.
A limited number of tickets are available for $75 each. Tickets are on sale at the Belvidere-Boone County Planning Department, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, Ill., or Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Call (815) 544-5271 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
From the July 2-8, 2014, issue