- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Limited tickets available for July 11 ‘localvore dinner’ at Wind Ridge Herb Farm
CALEDONIA, Ill. — A localvore dinner is being held Friday, July 11, at 7 p.m. at the Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Chef Ryan Adams’ appearance is courtesy of Radisson Hotel and Conference Center of Rockford.
This dinner is to jumpstart the Boone County “Shop Local, Shop Boone County” program with the ultimate goal of a local-only store and kitchen featuring Boone County artisans, artists, farmers and producers of fine quality items and to encourage entrepreneurs to have a location to process and sell their produce and value-added products. For the local producers and farmers to have these opportunities, farmland preservation is essential.
A silent auction of locally produced foods and artist items will benefit the Boone County Agricultural Conservation Easement and Farmland Protection Commission and the Belvidere/Boone County Localvore movement.
The localvore dinner menu includes:
• Smoked pork belly with roasted sweet potato, fresh fig, chile, scallion and white balsamic.
• Beet salad with pureed beets, fresh greens, goat cheese and spiced wine vinaigrette.
• Campfire pike with northern pike, walnut leaves, charred eggplant, lemon and pomegranate.
• Grass-fed beef with stewed barley, tomato, saffron, marinated cheese and fresh herbs.
• Spiced rice pudding with rose water, candied nuts and edible flowers.
• Wine courtesy of PRP1.
A limited number of tickets are available for $75 each. Tickets are on sale at the Belvidere-Boone County Planning Department, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, Ill., or Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill. Call (815) 544-5271 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
From the July 2-8, 2014, issue