- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
UPDATE: Terence Doddy in custody after high-speed chase
UPDATE: Alleged murderer Terence Doddy is now in custody after a high-speed chase north of Rockford into Beloit, Wis., Friday, July 4. Police say he was driving the car he stole from 44-year-old Tonya Bargman, of Monticello, Ill., the woman he allegedly killed at a rest stop near Paw Paw Tuesday. Doddy is also wanted in the slaying of 37-year-old Todd Hansmeier a day earlier.
While details remain unclear, there was a crash as a result of the chase. At least one person was injured.
As of this report, Doddy is in the Rock County Jail.
By Jim Hagerty
The 36-year-old man wanted in two homicides in as many days may have returned to Rockford, Rockford Police Deputy Chief Dave Hopkins warned Wednesday, July 2.
Hopkins said investigators received information that Doddy may have intentions of returning to Rockford, where police believe he killed 37-year-old Todd Hansmeier. As of two weeks ago, Doddy lived with his wife and child at their 15th Avenue home. He left the residence after his wife filed an order of protection against him, barring Doddy from the property.
Authorities believe Terence Doddy killed a 44-year-old woman at a rest area near Paw Paw, Ill., Tuesday, July 1. Monday, Doddy allegedly beat Hansmeier to death inside a Rockford office building and set the crime scene on fire. Police say Doddy then stole Hansmeier’s car and fled south, where he allegedly attacked 44-year-old Tonya D. Bargman, of Monticello, Ill., near the rest-area washroom. He then allegedly stole Bargman’s Nissan Altima, leaving Hansmeier’s car at the rest stop.
According to records, June 18, an emergency order of protection was issued against Doddy for allegedly kneeling on his wife’s neck and chest and threatening to punch her to death. He was charged with aggravated domestic battery in that case.
Doddy is believed to be driving Bargman’s gray 2013 Nissan Altima with the Illinois license number BARGMN2. Police are urging citizens to dial 911 if anyone spots Doddy or the suspect vehicle.
Doddy has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder in Hansmeier’s death. Charges in Bargman’s homicide are still pending. Police say a security camera captured her attack. She was found unresponsive by an attendant. Surveillance footage also showed Bargman’s car leaving the scene.