- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Nominations due July 10 for State of the Arts awards
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council urges the public to consider honoring an individual artist, business, arts advocate or a creative cultural event (in Winnebago and/or Boone County) with much-deserved arts recognition by submitting a nomination for a 2014 State of the Arts Award. Nomination forms are due to the Arts Council no later than July 10.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the breadth and depth of their work and its impact on the Rockford area. The Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award will honor an individual artist whose achievements and commitment to the arts have generated a significant and positive impact on the community over a period of time; a business that recognizes the importance of the arts through financial or in-kind support, use of the arts in the workplace, and/or encouragement of employees to volunteer for the arts or otherwise serves as an advocate for the arts; an arts advocate whose efforts in advocacy, support and/or volunteerism in the arts have generated a significant positive impact on the community over a period of time; or a creative cultural event recognizes an exhibit, performance, festival, series or special event during the 2013-2014 season that brought heightened visibility to the arts.
The Awards will be presented at the 2014 State of the Arts Awards, Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford, Tuesday, Oct. 7, from11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Nomination forms are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State St., or may be downloaded at www.artsforeveryone.com. Call (815) 963-6765 for more details.
Posted July 2, 2014