- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Nominations due July 10 for State of the Arts awards
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Area Arts Council urges the public to consider honoring an individual artist, business, arts advocate or a creative cultural event (in Winnebago and/or Boone County) with much-deserved arts recognition by submitting a nomination for a 2014 State of the Arts Award. Nomination forms are due to the Arts Council no later than July 10.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the breadth and depth of their work and its impact on the Rockford area. The Lawrence E. Gloyd Community Impact Award will honor an individual artist whose achievements and commitment to the arts have generated a significant and positive impact on the community over a period of time; a business that recognizes the importance of the arts through financial or in-kind support, use of the arts in the workplace, and/or encouragement of employees to volunteer for the arts or otherwise serves as an advocate for the arts; an arts advocate whose efforts in advocacy, support and/or volunteerism in the arts have generated a significant positive impact on the community over a period of time; or a creative cultural event recognizes an exhibit, performance, festival, series or special event during the 2013-2014 season that brought heightened visibility to the arts.
The Awards will be presented at the 2014 State of the Arts Awards, Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford, Tuesday, Oct. 7, from11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Nomination forms are available at the Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State St., or may be downloaded at www.artsforeveryone.com. Call (815) 963-6765 for more details.
Posted July 2, 2014