- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Sheriff announces July 4 restrictions on Rock River
Online Staff Report
Effective at 6 p.m., Friday, July 4, there will be a No Wake Zone in effect from the Whitman Street Bridge south to the Fordam Dam until midnight.
From 6 p.m. Friday, July 4, there will be a No Wake Zone in effect at Shorewood Park for a Ski Broncs Show until 9 p.m.
Effective from 9 p.m. until the completion of the fireworks display, the Rock River will be closed south of the Chestnut Street Bridge to the Fordam Dam and from the Morgan Street Bridge north to the Fordam Dam.
There will be a No Wake Zone in effect from 9 p.m. until midnight for the entire Rock River in Winnebago County north of the Whitman Street Bridge.
The Sheriff’s Department reminds all boaters to operate in a safe manner over the holiday. The Sheriff’s Department will have a patrol presence on the river, and anyone with questions can contact a Sheriff’s Department boat by calling (815) 262-1510. Calls for service should be directed through the 911 Communication Center at (815) 282-2600 and emergencies should be reported by dialing 911.
As always, caution should be exercised in all areas when using the river.
For current river conditions, and any further updates, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (815) 319-6300, or the Rock River information telephone line at (815) 316-8888.
Posted July 2, 2014