- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Sheriff announces July 4 restrictions on Rock River
Online Staff Report
Effective at 6 p.m., Friday, July 4, there will be a No Wake Zone in effect from the Whitman Street Bridge south to the Fordam Dam until midnight.
From 6 p.m. Friday, July 4, there will be a No Wake Zone in effect at Shorewood Park for a Ski Broncs Show until 9 p.m.
Effective from 9 p.m. until the completion of the fireworks display, the Rock River will be closed south of the Chestnut Street Bridge to the Fordam Dam and from the Morgan Street Bridge north to the Fordam Dam.
There will be a No Wake Zone in effect from 9 p.m. until midnight for the entire Rock River in Winnebago County north of the Whitman Street Bridge.
The Sheriff’s Department reminds all boaters to operate in a safe manner over the holiday. The Sheriff’s Department will have a patrol presence on the river, and anyone with questions can contact a Sheriff’s Department boat by calling (815) 262-1510. Calls for service should be directed through the 911 Communication Center at (815) 282-2600 and emergencies should be reported by dialing 911.
As always, caution should be exercised in all areas when using the river.
For current river conditions, and any further updates, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (815) 319-6300, or the Rock River information telephone line at (815) 316-8888.
Posted July 2, 2014