- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Illinois finally got something right. No fracking. We don’t need to screw up the water supply and the lakes and the beauty of the landscape. The only people that will get rich are the oil companies and the politicians. If you think the price of gas will go down, you need to think again. If we need oil so bad, why do we sell millions of dollars worth of oil, drilled from the U.S.A., to other countries every year? They call that greed.
From the July 9-15, 2014, issue