- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Illinois finally got something right. No fracking. We don’t need to screw up the water supply and the lakes and the beauty of the landscape. The only people that will get rich are the oil companies and the politicians. If you think the price of gas will go down, you need to think again. If we need oil so bad, why do we sell millions of dollars worth of oil, drilled from the U.S.A., to other countries every year? They call that greed.
From the July 9-15, 2014, issue