- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Illinois finally got something right. No fracking. We don’t need to screw up the water supply and the lakes and the beauty of the landscape. The only people that will get rich are the oil companies and the politicians. If you think the price of gas will go down, you need to think again. If we need oil so bad, why do we sell millions of dollars worth of oil, drilled from the U.S.A., to other countries every year? They call that greed.
From the July 9-15, 2014, issue