- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Illinois finally got something right. No fracking. We don’t need to screw up the water supply and the lakes and the beauty of the landscape. The only people that will get rich are the oil companies and the politicians. If you think the price of gas will go down, you need to think again. If we need oil so bad, why do we sell millions of dollars worth of oil, drilled from the U.S.A., to other countries every year? They call that greed.
From the July 9-15, 2014, issue