- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Summer Clothing Drive July 12 at area Schnucks, Belvidere Township Offices
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) invites donations of clothing and textiles at its Summer Clothing Drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 12, at all area Schnucks and Belvidere Township Offices.
“Secondhand clothing is still in demand and valued all over the world; our drives help fill this need, as well as keeping usable items out of landfills,” said Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB. “What’s not wearable may be repurposed into rags, carpet padding and other fiber fill.
“We appreciate the 1,500 area residents who took time to bring their clothing and other recyclable soft goods to our drop-off sites for the Spring Drive,” Gummow added. “We anticipate similar numbers this summer, with the busiest sites projected as the Roscoe and Brynwood Schnucks locations.”
About 120 volunteers are required to provide the free drop-off Clothing Drive service. To volunteer, contact Martha Byrnes via e-mail at Martha@knib.org or call (815) 637-1343.
In addition to the July 12 Summer Clothing Drive, KNIB will accept bagged clothing at both of its weekly Recycle Centers, at 4665 Hydraulic Road, Rockford, and 13125 N. Second St., Roscoe, any Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
From the July 9-15, 2014, issue