- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
Experience life on a farm July 11 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 11, as part of its Family Friday Series. Learn what Discovery Center has in store with goats, bunnies, chicks, ducks, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Hold baby farm animals, plant seeds, fashion a hat, decorate a barn and more. Explore life on the farm by visiting the agriculture exhibit, “Ag-zibit,” to “milk cows,” drive a combine, and more.
The event is included with museum admission: $8 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 10, 2014