- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Experience life on a farm July 11 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 11, as part of its Family Friday Series. Learn what Discovery Center has in store with goats, bunnies, chicks, ducks, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Hold baby farm animals, plant seeds, fashion a hat, decorate a barn and more. Explore life on the farm by visiting the agriculture exhibit, “Ag-zibit,” to “milk cows,” drive a combine, and more.
The event is included with museum admission: $8 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 10, 2014