- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Experience life on a farm July 11 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 11, as part of its Family Friday Series. Learn what Discovery Center has in store with goats, bunnies, chicks, ducks, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Hold baby farm animals, plant seeds, fashion a hat, decorate a barn and more. Explore life on the farm by visiting the agriculture exhibit, “Ag-zibit,” to “milk cows,” drive a combine, and more.
The event is included with museum admission: $8 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 10, 2014