- Responding to parents’ vaccine hesitance
- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
Experience life on a farm July 11 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 11, as part of its Family Friday Series. Learn what Discovery Center has in store with goats, bunnies, chicks, ducks, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Hold baby farm animals, plant seeds, fashion a hat, decorate a barn and more. Explore life on the farm by visiting the agriculture exhibit, “Ag-zibit,” to “milk cows,” drive a combine, and more.
The event is included with museum admission: $8 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 10, 2014