- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Experience life on a farm July 11 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday, July 11, as part of its Family Friday Series. Learn what Discovery Center has in store with goats, bunnies, chicks, ducks, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Hold baby farm animals, plant seeds, fashion a hat, decorate a barn and more. Explore life on the farm by visiting the agriculture exhibit, “Ag-zibit,” to “milk cows,” drive a combine, and more.
The event is included with museum admission: $8 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. For additional information, call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 10, 2014