- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Oregon Trail Days offers kids Mini Tipi Decorating Contest, July 15 deadline
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Do you have a child interested in art or Native American culture? The Oregon Trail Days Festival is inviting children ages 4-12 to participate in the annual Mini Tipi Decorating Contest. Tipis may be picked up at the Oregon Library, and there is no cost to participate, just your cost in decorating supplies.
Each child may decorate one Tipi using crayons, paints, markers, beads, buttons, string or feathers. Do not put Tipis on a base or use any food items.
Decorated Tipis may be dropped off at the Oregon Public Library no later than July 15.
All Tipis will be on display at the Oregon Trail Days Festival at Lowden State Park Saturday and Sunday, July 19-20.
First-, second- and third-place prizes will be awarded for each age group: 4-6, 7-10 and 11-12. Prizes will be announced at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 20, at the Native American Dance Circle at Lowden State Park the day of the festival. Participants who are not available can pick their prize up at the Oregon Library the following week.
For more about Oregon Trail Days, visit www.oregontraildays.org.
Posted July 10, 2014