- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
‘Pinkalicious the Musical’ brings beloved books to life at Timber Lake
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — The Magic Owl Children’s Theatre at Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) presents an hour-long version of Pinkalicious the Musical, based on the books by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, at 2 p.m., July 10-12.
All tickets for Magic Owl shows are $6 and are partially sponsored by the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Each year, these subsidized Magic Owl shows introduce thousands of young people to the joy and magic of live theater.
The musical tells the tale of Pinkalicious Pinkerton, who can’t stop eating pink cupcakes, despite warnings from her parents. Her pink indulgence lands her at the doctor’s office with Pinkititis, an affliction that turns her pink from head to toe — a dream come true for this pink-loving enthusiast. But when her hue goes too far, and her brother — and some dancing birds and flowers — get involved, only Pinkalicious can figure out a way to get out of this pink predicament. Pinkalicious the Musical is about learning the power of self-control and the importance of moderation.
The cast includes members of TLP’s professional resident company from all over the country, including Anastasia Arnold, a recent graduate of Millikin University, in the title role. James Kolditz directs, with choreography by Bethany Fay.
Pinkalicious the Musical has additional performances Aug. 5-9 at 11 a.m.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road in rural Mount Carroll, Ill. Tickets are $6 and are available at the box office, by calling (815) 244-2035 or visiting www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
The show is appropriate for all ages. Early reservations are suggested, as many Magic Owl shows sell out.
Posted July 10, 2014