- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
‘Pinkalicious the Musical’ brings beloved books to life at Timber Lake
Online Staff Report
MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — The Magic Owl Children’s Theatre at Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) presents an hour-long version of Pinkalicious the Musical, based on the books by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, at 2 p.m., July 10-12.
All tickets for Magic Owl shows are $6 and are partially sponsored by the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Each year, these subsidized Magic Owl shows introduce thousands of young people to the joy and magic of live theater.
The musical tells the tale of Pinkalicious Pinkerton, who can’t stop eating pink cupcakes, despite warnings from her parents. Her pink indulgence lands her at the doctor’s office with Pinkititis, an affliction that turns her pink from head to toe — a dream come true for this pink-loving enthusiast. But when her hue goes too far, and her brother — and some dancing birds and flowers — get involved, only Pinkalicious can figure out a way to get out of this pink predicament. Pinkalicious the Musical is about learning the power of self-control and the importance of moderation.
The cast includes members of TLP’s professional resident company from all over the country, including Anastasia Arnold, a recent graduate of Millikin University, in the title role. James Kolditz directs, with choreography by Bethany Fay.
Pinkalicious the Musical has additional performances Aug. 5-9 at 11 a.m.
TLP is at 8215 Black Oak Road in rural Mount Carroll, Ill. Tickets are $6 and are available at the box office, by calling (815) 244-2035 or visiting www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
The show is appropriate for all ages. Early reservations are suggested, as many Magic Owl shows sell out.
Posted July 10, 2014