- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Transform Rockford brings community vision to July 11 Rockford City Market
Online Staff Report
Looking to give your feedback on the community and what to change? Transform Rockford has been working to gather community concerns, feedback and questions to create a vision of a new Rockford community. Visit their booth at Rockford City Market this Friday, July 11, and speak with a representative about what this means for the community and what is to come.
Following is what else to expect at City Market this Friday:
• Music — Danielle Juhre, featuring Cody Bowers and Evon Sams: Enjoy a collaboration of talent specializing in jazz and soul.
• Kids’ activities — Kids’ activities will be provided by the Beloit Snappers and Auburn Key Club.
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lillian Emi Designs; Rockford Area Arts Council: Dee Santorini; and Rotating Artist: Cellar Door Designs.
• Gates — Winnebago Buy Local will be at the gates.
• Rockford Health System providers — This week at the market, visit the RHS booth and talk with staff from the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop. Learn about volunteer opportunities and the shop’s upcoming 25th anniversary.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted July 10, 2014