- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival July 26
FORRESTON, Ill. — The Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival will be from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 26, at the preserve, which is 3 miles southwest of Forreston in the southeast corner of West Grove and Freeport roads. Parking is available off West Grove Road.
Participants may join butterfly tours at 1, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., or look on their own. “Illinois Butterflies and Moths” pocket guides will be distributed at no charge, while supplies last.
Restrooms and shady rest areas with chairs, cold beverages and snacks will be included. If the weather is questionable, call Keith or Mary Blackmore at (815) 938-3204 prior to 10 a.m., July 26, to confirm the event.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue