- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival July 26
FORRESTON, Ill. — The Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival will be from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 26, at the preserve, which is 3 miles southwest of Forreston in the southeast corner of West Grove and Freeport roads. Parking is available off West Grove Road.
Participants may join butterfly tours at 1, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., or look on their own. “Illinois Butterflies and Moths” pocket guides will be distributed at no charge, while supplies last.
Restrooms and shady rest areas with chairs, cold beverages and snacks will be included. If the weather is questionable, call Keith or Mary Blackmore at (815) 938-3204 prior to 10 a.m., July 26, to confirm the event.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue