- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival July 26
FORRESTON, Ill. — The Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival will be from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 26, at the preserve, which is 3 miles southwest of Forreston in the southeast corner of West Grove and Freeport roads. Parking is available off West Grove Road.
Participants may join butterfly tours at 1, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., or look on their own. “Illinois Butterflies and Moths” pocket guides will be distributed at no charge, while supplies last.
Restrooms and shady rest areas with chairs, cold beverages and snacks will be included. If the weather is questionable, call Keith or Mary Blackmore at (815) 938-3204 prior to 10 a.m., July 26, to confirm the event.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue