- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival July 26
FORRESTON, Ill. — The Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival will be from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 26, at the preserve, which is 3 miles southwest of Forreston in the southeast corner of West Grove and Freeport roads. Parking is available off West Grove Road.
Participants may join butterfly tours at 1, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., or look on their own. “Illinois Butterflies and Moths” pocket guides will be distributed at no charge, while supplies last.
Restrooms and shady rest areas with chairs, cold beverages and snacks will be included. If the weather is questionable, call Keith or Mary Blackmore at (815) 938-3204 prior to 10 a.m., July 26, to confirm the event.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue