- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival July 26
FORRESTON, Ill. — The Elkhorn Creek Biodiversity Preserve Butterfly Festival will be from 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 26, at the preserve, which is 3 miles southwest of Forreston in the southeast corner of West Grove and Freeport roads. Parking is available off West Grove Road.
Participants may join butterfly tours at 1, 2, 3 or 4 p.m., or look on their own. “Illinois Butterflies and Moths” pocket guides will be distributed at no charge, while supplies last.
Restrooms and shady rest areas with chairs, cold beverages and snacks will be included. If the weather is questionable, call Keith or Mary Blackmore at (815) 938-3204 prior to 10 a.m., July 26, to confirm the event.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue