- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
‘Party on the Rock’ fund-raiser for Emergency Responders Memorial July 24
The Third Annual “Party on the Rock” fund-raiser to benefit the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial will be from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, July 24, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River.
This event honors local emergency responders whose lives were taken and memorializes our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The evening kicks off with entertainment by two well-known local bands: Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts and Gaelic Fury Irish Pub Band featuring REACT helicopter pilot Danny McDade.
Enjoy delicious food by Backyard Grill and Bar; a 47-item silent auction; Big 3 Raffle for a beautiful diamond pendant, Weber grill and a Kindle Fire; 50/50 raffles; specialty drink and beer tasting; and finish off the night with a spectacular fireworks display over the Rock River.
Admission is $25 per person. Tickets are available at all three Backyard Grill and Bar locations, Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Rockford, or by calling (815) 978-3860.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue