- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
‘Party on the Rock’ fund-raiser for Emergency Responders Memorial July 24
The Third Annual “Party on the Rock” fund-raiser to benefit the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial will be from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, July 24, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River.
This event honors local emergency responders whose lives were taken and memorializes our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The evening kicks off with entertainment by two well-known local bands: Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts and Gaelic Fury Irish Pub Band featuring REACT helicopter pilot Danny McDade.
Enjoy delicious food by Backyard Grill and Bar; a 47-item silent auction; Big 3 Raffle for a beautiful diamond pendant, Weber grill and a Kindle Fire; 50/50 raffles; specialty drink and beer tasting; and finish off the night with a spectacular fireworks display over the Rock River.
Admission is $25 per person. Tickets are available at all three Backyard Grill and Bar locations, Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Rockford, or by calling (815) 978-3860.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue