- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
‘Party on the Rock’ fund-raiser for Emergency Responders Memorial July 24
The Third Annual “Party on the Rock” fund-raiser to benefit the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial will be from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, July 24, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River.
This event honors local emergency responders whose lives were taken and memorializes our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The evening kicks off with entertainment by two well-known local bands: Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts and Gaelic Fury Irish Pub Band featuring REACT helicopter pilot Danny McDade.
Enjoy delicious food by Backyard Grill and Bar; a 47-item silent auction; Big 3 Raffle for a beautiful diamond pendant, Weber grill and a Kindle Fire; 50/50 raffles; specialty drink and beer tasting; and finish off the night with a spectacular fireworks display over the Rock River.
Admission is $25 per person. Tickets are available at all three Backyard Grill and Bar locations, Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Rockford, or by calling (815) 978-3860.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue