- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
‘Party on the Rock’ fund-raiser for Emergency Responders Memorial July 24
The Third Annual “Party on the Rock” fund-raiser to benefit the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial will be from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, July 24, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River.
This event honors local emergency responders whose lives were taken and memorializes our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The evening kicks off with entertainment by two well-known local bands: Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts and Gaelic Fury Irish Pub Band featuring REACT helicopter pilot Danny McDade.
Enjoy delicious food by Backyard Grill and Bar; a 47-item silent auction; Big 3 Raffle for a beautiful diamond pendant, Weber grill and a Kindle Fire; 50/50 raffles; specialty drink and beer tasting; and finish off the night with a spectacular fireworks display over the Rock River.
Admission is $25 per person. Tickets are available at all three Backyard Grill and Bar locations, Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Rockford, or by calling (815) 978-3860.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue