- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
‘Party on the Rock’ fund-raiser for Emergency Responders Memorial July 24
The Third Annual “Party on the Rock” fund-raiser to benefit the Winnebago County 9/11 Emergency Responders Memorial will be from 5 to 10 p.m., Thursday, July 24, at the Verdi Club, 782 N. Madison St., downtown Rockford on the Rock River.
This event honors local emergency responders whose lives were taken and memorializes our nation’s tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The evening kicks off with entertainment by two well-known local bands: Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts and Gaelic Fury Irish Pub Band featuring REACT helicopter pilot Danny McDade.
Enjoy delicious food by Backyard Grill and Bar; a 47-item silent auction; Big 3 Raffle for a beautiful diamond pendant, Weber grill and a Kindle Fire; 50/50 raffles; specialty drink and beer tasting; and finish off the night with a spectacular fireworks display over the Rock River.
Admission is $25 per person. Tickets are available at all three Backyard Grill and Bar locations, Veterans Memorial Hall in downtown Rockford, or by calling (815) 978-3860.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue