- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Pink Heals Tour for cancer awareness July 19 at Regional Cancer Center
Online Staff Report
Since 2007, the Pink Heals Tour has been bringing its pink fire trucks to communities from coast to coast with the goal of raising cancer awareness and to honor and support those who are battling cancer.
The 2014 Pink Heals Tour will make its only stop in Rockford at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center, 3535 N. Bell School Road, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 19. The pink fire truck, along with firefighters dressed in pink, will make their grand entrance at 10:30 a.m.
Pink Heals Tour activities include the following:
• Free photo with the pink fire truck;
• Rockford Fire Department;
• Artwork project participation by Survive Alive House;
• Explore a Rockford rire truck;
• Project F.A.M.E. (Funding and Advocacy for Mammography Exams); and
• T-shirts will be for sale with proceeds providing assistance for women who are unable to afford a screening mammogram.
Also, visit with SwedishAmerican Caring Canines, enjoy Culver’s pink frozen custard and meet SAM, the SwedishAmerican Mascot.
More details: (815) 391-7676 or www.swedishamerican.org.
Posted July 16, 2014