- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Police investigate shooting on Martha Avenue, victim’s condition serious but stable
Online Staff Report
Rockford police are investigating a shooting that occurred around 11:29 p.m., Tuesday, July 15, at a residence in the 2100 block of Martha Avenue.
According to police, when officers arrived on scene, they found a 34-year-old Rockford man lying on the floor in a back bedroom with a gunshot wound to his lower back.
Officers spoke with both the victim and one female witness. The victim and witness said they previously had dated.
The victim and witness both told police the suspect, the witness’s current boyfriend, and the victim had an argument. When the argument was over, the victim walked toward the front door to leave, and the suspect shot him in the back one time.
The suspect fled the scene prior to police arrival.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported the victim to an area hospital. Medical staff described the victim’s condition as serious, but stable.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident should contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted July 16, 2014