- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Police investigate shooting on Martha Avenue, victim’s condition serious but stable
Online Staff Report
Rockford police are investigating a shooting that occurred around 11:29 p.m., Tuesday, July 15, at a residence in the 2100 block of Martha Avenue.
According to police, when officers arrived on scene, they found a 34-year-old Rockford man lying on the floor in a back bedroom with a gunshot wound to his lower back.
Officers spoke with both the victim and one female witness. The victim and witness said they previously had dated.
The victim and witness both told police the suspect, the witness’s current boyfriend, and the victim had an argument. When the argument was over, the victim walked toward the front door to leave, and the suspect shot him in the back one time.
The suspect fled the scene prior to police arrival.
Rockford Fire Department paramedics transported the victim to an area hospital. Medical staff described the victim’s condition as serious, but stable.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident should contact the Rockford Police Shift Commander at (815) 987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at (815) 963-STOP (7867).
Posted July 16, 2014