- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rockford Health System offers free children’s health and safety station
Rockford Health System will offer a free children’s health and safety station from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 26, on the Rockford Health System campus, 2300 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford. The station will be in the back parking lot, and signs will be posted for event parking.
This free public event will include bike inspections; child safety/finger printing; DNA kits; healthy snack ideas; growth charts; finger castings; adult blood pressure checks; adult bone density tests; face painting; car seat safety checks; hand washing germ scan; REACT helicopter; fire truck with smoke trailer; ambulance; and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. Visit each of the stops and receive free school supplies.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue