- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Health System offers free children’s health and safety station
Rockford Health System will offer a free children’s health and safety station from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 26, on the Rockford Health System campus, 2300 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford. The station will be in the back parking lot, and signs will be posted for event parking.
This free public event will include bike inspections; child safety/finger printing; DNA kits; healthy snack ideas; growth charts; finger castings; adult blood pressure checks; adult bone density tests; face painting; car seat safety checks; hand washing germ scan; REACT helicopter; fire truck with smoke trailer; ambulance; and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. Visit each of the stops and receive free school supplies.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue