- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Health System offers free children’s health and safety station
Rockford Health System will offer a free children’s health and safety station from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 26, on the Rockford Health System campus, 2300 N. Rockton Ave., Rockford. The station will be in the back parking lot, and signs will be posted for event parking.
This free public event will include bike inspections; child safety/finger printing; DNA kits; healthy snack ideas; growth charts; finger castings; adult blood pressure checks; adult bone density tests; face painting; car seat safety checks; hand washing germ scan; REACT helicopter; fire truck with smoke trailer; ambulance; and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. Visit each of the stops and receive free school supplies.
From the July 16-22, 2014, issue